For Printable Directions (PDF), Click HERE
- To help us make your experience as efficient as possible. please reserve in advance. You can stop in to the store in person, call or email to make an appointment. Also, demo paddlers MUST complete our Demo Request form by no later than the Wednesday prior to your demo day. We will confirm your reservation.
- Appointments are scheduled at 60 minute intervals, starting at 9am and ending at 12 noon.
- Space is limited, so schedule early.
- Dress comfortably!
- $10.00 demo pond fee (applied to kayak or canoe purchase within 10 days of demo)
- Must complete and sign liability release form.
- A complimentary bottle of cold water is provided for each paddler.
The Trading Post is one of the only outfitters to have our own, exlusive demo pond. Formerly New Milford's "Upper Reservoir," the pond was decommissioned as a drinking water source several years ago. The Trading Post now serves as stewards of the land to ensure that it remains protected from development and is always an accessible open space amenity for the town.
For our customers, it's also a great location to try out a variety of boats. There's no substitute for actually paddling a variety of different boat styles to make sure that you invest in the right boat for YOU. We make sure that you have plenty of time to get acquainted with our boats, and to make a smart decision.
Contact the store for additional information and hours.